Innovative Products and Systems for Commercial Construction
At DuPont, our building science plays a large role in making buildings that are safer, sounder, look newer longer and provide greater environmental sustainability.
DuPont Building Envelope Systems help make buildings more durable, energy efficient and comfortable, by providing superior air and moisture management. They are rigorously tested and exceed air barrier standards, helping builders to meet and exceed building and energy codes for commercial buildings.
Specially engineered to be both visually stunning and long-lasting, DuPont™ Corian® solid-surface material and Zodiaq® quartz surfaces come in more than a hundred colors and patterns, and can be custom-cut and installed for limitless design possibilities in commercial construction applications.
PRODUCT AND SERVICE LINES
- DuPont™ Tyvek® Building Envelope Solutions
DuPont Flooring Products
DuPont flooring products like bio-based innovation DuPont™ Sorona® are helping architects and builders establish more sustainable building practices without compromising aesthetics or performance.
- Chemical Protective Garments & Accessories
- Cut Protection
- Surface Design Materials
DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- Tyvek® 400
- ProShield® Coveralls
- DuPont™ Tyvek® ThermaWrap® R5.0
- Industrial Gloves made with Kevlar®
- Explore the Colors of Zodiaq®
- Explore the Colors of Corian®
Elvaloy® Polymer Modifier
DuPont™ Elvaloy® for polymer modification is used to improve toughness in CPET and APET trays for frozen and refrigerated ready-to-eat meals, as a PVC plasticizer and as a compatibilizer in PET/HDPE recycling.
Nomex® XF Flame Barrier
Nomex® XF is a unique material that helps protect aluminum fuselage aircraft by providing a robust, durable and lightweight flame barrier that can help prevent outside fire from penetrating an aircraft cabin, allowing passengers additional time to escape such a hazard.
- DuPont™ Tyvek® CommercialWrap®
- DuPont™ StraightFlash™ VF
- Kevlar® Armor Technology
- Corian® Bathroom Sinks and Vanity Tops
- Recycling Chemical Containers
Mohawk “What Moves You” Carpet Tiles
Mohawk Group's commercial carpet tiles are renowned for the durability they bring to high-traffic areas. The new "What Moves You" carpet tiles are created with DuPont™ Sorona® - for tough carpet tiles with environmental benefits.
- Innovative Casework & Furnishings for Healthcare
SENS Luxury Rugs with Sorona®
DuPont™ Sorona® renewably-sourced fiber is now a bright new presence in the luxury rugs market, thanks to category stalwart HBC Bulckaert’s new line. Soft yet durable, SENS Luxury Rugs take full advantage of the redoubtable performance characteristics of Sorona®.
- Project Profile: DuPont™ Weatherization System Products Help Simplify Complex Construction
- Project Profile: Tyvek® Fluid Applied Setting the Standard for Enduring, Sustainable Construction
- Ramona Apartments and DuPont™ Tyvek® CommercialWrap®
- Project Profile: DuPont™ Weatherization Systems and Willowick Park Complex
- Project Profile: St. Louis Ballpark Village and Tyvek® CommercialWrap®
- The “A Table” Furniture Design
- Architectural Lighting Design
- Atelier in Udine's Historic Centre
INFORMATION & IDEAS
What Keeps You Safe?
“What Keeps You Safe?” PPE videos from DuPont show how heroes in firefighting, military, law enforcement, and emergency response rely on DuPont invention and innovation.
- DuPont Industrial Biotech Solutions
- Energy Efficient Homes
- Sorona® Life Cycle Assessment
Triexta, Generic in Name Only
Specific performance benefits, including stain resistance, are so unique to DuPont™ Sorona®, the U.S. FTC gave the generic name triexta to homo fibers made from PTT, the Sorona® renewably sourced polymer.
Sorona® and Bio-Based Product Labels
The USDA BioPreferred Certification of DuPont™ Sorona® means manufacturers can offer innovative products that customers can readily identify. Innovative products help reduce the use of fossil fuels and help reduce emissions.
Carpet Design and Sorona®
Renewably Sourced™ DuPont™ Sorona® is opening up new possibilities for carpet design. Durable and color-fast, with permanent stain resistance built right into the fiber, the Sorona® carpet design option is also the right choice in terms of performance.
DuPont™ Sorona® and Carpet Recycling
Knowing the important role carpet recycling plays in helping the environment, DuPont research has proven that face fiber made with DuPont™ Sorona® can be shaved from the carpet backing, turned into pellets, and spun into new fiber. In fact, there are even more potential ways to recycle carpet made with Sorona®.
- Sorona® for Stain-Resistant Carpet
- DuPont Bio-Based Products
Sorona® for Carpet Fibers
Carpet fibers produced with DuPont™ Sorona® deliver on all fronts: aesthetics, stain resistance, color fastness, ease of maintenance, and durability — yielding excellent results in Hexapod Walker and Vetterman Drum testing.
- Oeko-Tex Standard 100 for Sorona®
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Corian® for Public Spaces
- Corian® for Dri-Design® Wall Panel Systems
- Corian® for Exterior Cladding
- Futrus® Solutions with DuPont™ Corian®
- Corian® for Residential Design
- Corian® for Healthcare
- Corian® DeepColor™ Technology
- Zodiaq® for Corporate and Public Spaces
Zodiaq® for Educational Environments
Architects and designers are using Zodiaq® quartz surface to create lasting natural beauty in educational environments, from the campus cafeteria to the faculty lounge.
- Zodiaq® for Food Service
- Ropes & Cables
- Sorona® for Commercial-Grade Carpet