With the world’s population projected to surpass 9 billion by 2050, now is the time to prepare for a secure energy future. We invite you to collaborate with our global teams to find science-driven, sustainable energy solutions.
From renewable energy sources like photovoltaics, wind, biofuels, and fuel cells to the application of advanced materials making the exploration, production and transportation of oil and gas more efficient, DuPont products & services help provide better performance, reliability, lower cost, improved safety and a reduced environmental footprint. Our offerings support energy-enabling technologies in energy storage and throughout the electricity generation, distribution and conversion processes.
We are focused on developing innovative and economically viable solutions for the world’s energy needs across multiple technologies. Together we can find the right solutions to secure a brighter, cleaner energy future.
Together with local farmers, Genera Energy, and the University of Tennessee, DuPont is developing cellulosic ethanol from crops such as switchgrass to produce sustainable fuel for local consumers.
- Kevlar® brand
- Tyvek® Air and Water Barriers for Commercial Construction
- Tyvek® Protective Apparel
- Nomex® Electrical Insulation
- Kalrez® perfluoroelastomer parts
- Vespel® Parts & Shapes
- DuPont™ Zytel®
DuPont™ Vamac® ethylene acrylic elastomer products thrive in harsh environments, performing in turbocharger hoses, oil cooler hoses, seals and gaskets. Vamac® elastomers can be fashioned into cured compounds with superb low-temperature resistance, high-temperature durability, and resistance to auto fluids, such as transmission fluid and engine oils.
- Nomex® brand
- Protera® Fabric
Zytel® nylon resin is the most versatile of plastics - easy to process, easy to modify, and environmentally responsible in production and in reuse. It's tough, light and surprisingly resilient in hot, chemically aggressive and humid environments. DuPont™ Zytel® HTN high-performance polyamide bridges the performance gap between conventional engineering resins and high-end specialty polymers.
Kapton® Polyimide Films
DuPont™ Kapton® polyimide films make innovative design solutions possible for a broad swath of automotive and other industrial applications, including photovoltaic and wind energy, aerospace, and consumer electronics.
- DuPont Protection Technologies Reaffirms Commitment to Defend Aggressively Against Trademark Infringement and Counterfeiting
- DuPont Completes $295 million Tedlar® PVF capacity expansion project
- Highest Efficiency Solamet® PV Pastes to Date
- DuPont Collaborates on Standards for High Reliability Solar Modules
- Advanced Aluminum Pastes Boost Electrical Performance Of Solar Cells
Iowa CE Biorefinery Groundbreaking
DuPont came one step closer today to commercializing advanced biofuels by breaking ground on its cellulosic ethanol facility in Nevada, Iowa. Expected to be completed in mid-2014, this more than $200 million facility will be among the first and largest commercial-scale cellulosic biorefineries in the world.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Raising Safety Standards for Employees
- Low-weight Nylon for Efficient Autos
- Generating Energy On Wind Farms.
- Ethanol Fuel Without Antibiotics
- Refining & Upgrading
- Metal Alternatives - Polymers & Elastomers
- Chemical and Temperature Resistance
- Nomex® paper properties
- Nomex® Product Line Overview
- Biofilm Control and Bactericides
- Corrosion Resistance
- Oil & Gas Well Productivity
Brithinee Electric Motor Repair
For more than 30 years, Brithinee Electric has been building customer confidence and business growth with an uncompromising demand for quality and exclusive use of Nomex® insulation to meet its electric motor repair requirements.
- EDF recognises safety and reliability of Securamid transformers
Transformers in Urban Areas
Gaz Electricité de Grenoble chose a hybrid insulation system utilizing Nomex® for its transformers in urban areas, enabling it to install a low-noise transformer with a much higher rating in the existing substation.
- Reliability and high temperature performance in Nuclear Power Plants
- Improving Motor Insulation Reliability at FMV
Over 14 GW – 6000 SLIM® and Bio-SLIM® Transformer Units installed since 2001
In 2000, CG Power Systems teamed up with DuPont to develop high-temperature, liquid-immersed transformers targeted at the wind segment. Today, thousands of wind turbine transformers with Nomex® insulation have been installed globally.
Reliable Slot Insulation
Whether it’s motor repair, rotor rebuilding, replacement laminations or stator restacking, Darby Electric relies on Nomex® paper and laminates for slot insulation and other critical applications to ensure quality that exceeds customer expectations.
Flanders Industrial Motor Repair
Flanders Electric provides the highest quality power products and services, including industrial motor repair. An integral part of the quality equation is the use of Nomex® paper and Nomex® based laminates.
The use of Nomex® paper and pressboard helps enable a lighter weight traction transformer design for Amtrak’s Acela Express, reducing the weight of the equipment transformer by between 15% and 25%.
- Hybrid Insulation Systems
- Mobile Transformer Uprating | DuPont ™ Nomex ® Insulation
OMV Petrom Group Case Study
Read the DuPont Sustainable Solutions (DSS) case study on OMV Petrom Group to see how they refined safety performance.