DuPont Healthcare Products Help Advance Better Healthcare
From non-porous durable surfaces that help create safer healthcare environments to packaging materials that help maintain the sterility of medical devices and supplies, DuPont products are helping to advance better healthcare.
At DuPont, the Science of Protection has evolved over two centuries. We have put that science to work to develop a broad range of healthcare products and high-performance materials that are helping to advance better healthcare and improve the lives of people around the world. So whether you are looking for healthcare products that offer a better way to help protect against the spread of infection in healthcare facilities, need advanced materials to help in the development of an innovative medical device or want a medical fabric that helps keep healthcare professionals protected and comfortable in the operating room, look to DuPont.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Tyvek® vs. Medical-Grade Papers
- Proven Microbial Barrier Protection
- Medical Packaging Design Essentials
- DuPont unveiling third-generation Tyvek® Cargo Cover at the 'LogiPharma' supply chain event in Montreux 19th - 21st April 2016
- DuPont Packaging Innovation Awards
- Start Sterile, Stay Sterile
Tyvek® Retains Sterility after Aging
After terminal sterilization, Tyvek® can maintain the sterility of medical devices for at least five years, enhancing the sustainability of a medical product because it can be stored for long periods with no need to re-sterilize or re-package.
- Low Lint Means Reduced Risk
Meeting Regulatory Requirements
DuPont™ Tyvek® medical and pharmaceutical packaging styles comply with the materials portion of ISO 11607-1:2006(R)2010 and meet all the acceptable performance criteria for bio-compatibility and other regulatory requirements.
- Measuring Properties of Tyvek®
- Tyvek® Resists Punctures
- Wet or Dry, Tyvek® Outperforms Paper
Salonpas Foil Packaging
Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co. uses DuPont™ Surlyn® in its foil packaging to prevent delamination caused by the active ingredients in its Salonpas pain relief patch.
Respiratory Drug Unit Dose Packaging
DuPont™ 20 series resins are proven for use in unit dose packaging for medications used for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma and listed in FDA Drug Master Files.
Foam Packaging Alternative
Coldpack’s Airliner thermally insulated pouch is a foam packaging alternative for shipping temperature-sensitive products, made with three DuPont resins.
STERIS Corporation Case Study
Read the DuPont Sustainable Solutions (DSS) case study on STERIS Corporation to see how they are working today for a safer tomorrow.
- Denton Presbyterian Hospital
- Edward Hospital Operating Room Design
- Benefis Hospital Room Design
- Hospital Walls at Bozeman Deaconess Hospital
- The Lion’s Den Interactive Playroom
- Metropolitan Hospital Interior Design
- Scottish Rite Hospital Design
- Surgery Clinic in Taiwan
DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- Tyvek® 1073B
DuPont™ Surlyn® sealant resin provides excellent clarity, hot tack, heat seal, and toughness for packaging a variety of foods, as well as pharmaceuticals, household cleaners, and personal care products.
- Tyvek® 1059B
- Tyvek® 2FS™
- Tyvek® Cargo Covers
Surlyn® for Medical Device Packaging
DuPont™ Surlyn® for thermoforming film provides excellent clarity and formability, making it a cost-effective solution for sterilized medical device packaging.
- Tyvek® IsoClean®
- Tyvek® Micro-Clean® 2-1-2
- SureStep™ and Dura-Trac™
- Sierra™ Masks
- Tyvek® Protective Covers
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Lidstock for Thermoformed Trays
Zodiaq® for Healthcare
With hospital interior design, the first concern is safety. Nonporous, easy to maintain and extremely strong, Zodiaq® quartz surface is highly suitable for important healthcare applications, such as receptions desks.
- Custom Medical Packaging Solutions
- Protective, Clean Peel Pouches
- Tyvek® Roll Stock for Form-Fill-Seal
- Tyvek® for Steam Sterilizable Bags
- Syringe Packaging with Tyvek®
- Cleanroom Applications
- Corian® for Interior Wall Surfaces
- Tyvek® for Header Bags
- Medical Device Materials