Keep Water Out with Durable, Premium Window and Door Flashing
Bridge the gap between rough opening and building envelope to prevent water intrusion around heads and jambs of doors and windows.
DuPont™ StraightFlash™ door and window flashing provides premium protection against water intrusion. By sealing vulnerable areas around openings, StraightFlash™ can help improve the durability and energy efficiency of both homes and commercial structures.
How it Works
StraightFlash™ flashing combines a DuPont™ Tyvek® topsheet with a 100% butyl-based adhesive layer. This allows it to combine the strength, durability, and water resistance of Tyvek® material with the convenience and flexibility of a self-adhered flashing.
The result: premium door and window flashing protection that keeps rain out, and is designed to integrate with all other DuPont™ air and water barriers, as part of a building envelope system.
Enhanced Durability and Energy Efficiency
The gap between rough openings for doors and windows is a vulnerable weak point for water penetration into walls. Sealing it with DuPont™ StraightFlash™ helps prevent water intrusion thereby stopping potential water damage -- from rot and corrosion to mold -- before it starts. That can improve wall assembly durability.
And by helping to prevent air and water leakage, DuPont™ StraightFlash™ can also help preserve the installed R-Value of insulation helping to make buildings more energy efficient.
More Sustainable Structures
When used as part of a DuPont Building Envelope system, DuPont™ StraightFlash™ door and window flashing can also help contribute towards U.S. Green Building Council LEED® points.
Premium Quality and Support
StraightFlash™ offers superior performance and more:
Learn how to install and flash a brick mold door using DuPont™ FlexWrap™ NF and DuPont™ StraightFlash™ VF. Our expert takes you through the process, step by step.
Learn how to install and flash an arch top window with field applied flanges using DuPont™ FlexWrap™ NF and DuPont™ StraightFlash™. Our expert takes you through the process, step by step.
Additional Information (11)
- CAD: Commercial Technical Drawings PDF
- CAD: Commercial Technical Drawings DWG
- CAD: Residential Technical Drawings PDF
- CAD: Residential Technical Drawings DWG
- Installation Guides
- Adhesion Performance Reference Sheet (PDF)
- Product Data Sheet: DuPont™ Tyvek® Straightflash™ (PDF)
- Chemical Compatibility of Representative Building Sealants (PDF)
- Health Product Declaration: DuPont™ StraightFlash™ (PDF)
- Physical Properties Data Sheet: DuPont™ Flashing Systems (PDF)
- Product Guide Specifications: DuPont™ Flashing Systems (DOC)
- Home Achieves Outstanding Energy Performance Rating
- Project Profile: DuPont™ Weatherization System Products Help Simplify Complex Construction
- Project Profile: Tyvek® Fluid Applied Setting the Standard for Enduring, Sustainable Construction
- Project Profile: DuPont™ Weatherization Systems and Willowick Park Complex
- New House Protected by DuPont Building Envelope Products
- Project Profile: St. Louis Ballpark Village and Tyvek® CommercialWrap®