For use with DuPont™ Tyvek® ThermaWrap™ R5.0 and Lap Board Siding
Building Science Innovation from DuPont
DuPont™ Insulated Batten maintain R-value when installed with DuPont™ Tyvek® ThermaWrap™ R5.0
To maintain a continuous R-value when installing lap board siding, DuPont has developed insulated batten for use with DuPont™ Tyvek® ThermaWrap™ R5.0. The DuPont™ Insulated Batten is made from CDX plywood and extruded polystyrene to serve as a thermal bridge and nailing strip to compensate for any R-value reduction as a result of ThermaWrap™ R5.0 compression.
DuPont™ Insulated Batten
Type of Batten: Insulated Plywood
Thickness: 1 1/2"
- For use when installing lap board sidings.
- Compensates for R-Value reduction as a result of insulation compression.
- Contains: 3/4" CDX plywood and 3/4" extruded polystyrene.
- Provides a stable base for the installation of lap board siding.
- Helps provide continuous exterior insulation to reduce heat loss.
- Only from DuPont. Patent pending.