Growers Get Tank-Mix Flexibility
The Pest Management Regulatory Agency (PMRA) rolled out some new guidelines for tank-mixing crop protection products.
Read the following conditions carefully and contact DuPont directly for more information.
Users of commercial class pest control products used for crop production are permitted to apply unlabelled tank mixes of registered pest control products, subject to the following conditions:
- Each tank mix partner is registered for use in Canada on the crop of interest, including genetically modified crops.
- The tank mix only includes an adjuvant when specifically required by one of the tank mix partner labels. If an adjuvant is not required on the label of any tank mix partner, then no adjuvant may be added to the tank mix.
- The application timings of all tank mix partners are compatible with regards to crop and pest staging.
- Each tank mix partner is applied in accordance with its registered product label (for example, Directions for Use, Precautions, Buffer Zones, etc.). In cases where information on the tank mix partner labels differs between them, the most restrictive directions must be followed.
- The tank mix is not specifically excluded or contraindicated on either tank mix partner label.
- The use of the tank mix provides additional value to the user (for example, increased scope of pests controlled, contributes to resistance management or integrated pest management, cost- or time-savings).
For more information on whether DuPont supports a specific tank mix combination, please call the FarmCare® Support Centre at 1-800-667-3925.
The information provided on this website is for reference only. Always refer to the product labels for complete details and directions for use.