Fabrics, Fibers, and Nonwovens – Engineered for Performance
For more than 40 years, DuPont has delivered the fabrics, fibers, and nonwovens industries and companies trust for performance, protection, and versatility of use.
With our track record of innovation and our dedicated team of scientists and engineers, DuPont has worked in collaboration with industries to develop new uses for these high performing materials including DuPont™ Kevlar® aramid fiber for ballistic and cut protection, DuPont™ Nomex® flame resistant fiber for fire dangers, DuPont™ Sorona® eco-fiber for versatile, design-freedom, DuPont™ Tyvek® for breathable barrier protection, and DuPont™ Tychem® for chemical protection..
From protecting workers, emergency response personnel, buildings, our environment and work to making automobiles and aircraft faster and more efficient, the fabrics, fibers, and nonwovens innovations we develop in partnership with industries are limitless.
- Kevlar® brand
- Tyvek® Protective Apparel
- Tychem® garments
- DuPont™ Sorona®
- Tyvek® Brand
- Nomex® Brand
- Nomex® for Automotive Heat Shield
- Nomex® for Aerospace Applications
The DuPont™ Tyvekr® Media Center features Tyvek® news, videos, events and insights, from the fabric used to help make a variety of clothing, accessories, and equipment safe and more durable.
- Thermo-Man® Demonstration Unit
- Protera® Fabric
- Flame Resistant Nomex®
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Ropes & Cables
- Conveyor Belts for Mining
- Reebok® Crossfit® Gear made with Kevlar®
- Industrial Safety
- Aerospace, Marine, & Rail
- Safe and durable protective motorcycle apparel
- Consumer Products made with Kevlar®
- Kevlar® for stronger Brake Pads, Clutches and Gaskets
- Tyvek® Cargo Covers for Perishables
- Tyvek® Cargo Covers for Pharmaceuticals
Sorona® for Automotive Carpet
When the design objective is durable, beautiful, fast-drying, stain-resistant automotive carpet, the more sustainable alternative to petroleum-based products is DuPont™ Sorona®. High-performance Sorona® fiber contains 37% renewably-sourced, plant-based content by weight and consumes less non-renewable energy during manufacture than nylon 6.
Sorona® for Uniform Fabric
DuPont™ Sorona® fiber enhances wool and cotton, for a soft uniform fabric that dries quickly, stretches comfortably, and recovers its shape beautifully. And Sorona® is 37% renewably sourced, which means workwear manufacturers now have a renewable uniform fabric option.
Techplast Wins EMEA DuPont™ Kevlar® Innovation Award
DuPont Protection Technologies is pleased to announce the winner of the 2012 DuPont™ Kevlar® Innovation Awards. This year’s EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) award was bestowed to Techplast, a company based in Poland, for their innovative use of Kevlar® in SAFER® ultra-light composite cylinders.
- DuPont Safety & Construction Invests Over $400 Million to Increase Tyvek® Capacity Growing Global Demand for Product Innovations Key Driver for Expansion
DuPont Industrial Biosciences, today announced that DuPont™ Sorona® has received Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 Class 1 Certification from Oeko-Tex® and the Hohenstein Textile Testing Institute. Sorona® renewably sourced polymer is certified for use in fiber applications for textiles (apparel, home, office, and automotive interiors) and for carpet (residential, commercial and automotive including mats).
- DuPont Celebrates 50th Anniversary of DuPont™ Tyvek®
- DuPont Protection Solutions, Matching Performance to Threats with Enhanced DuPont™ Kevlar® XP and XD Technology Platforms
- IACP/DuPont™ Kevlar® Survivors’ Club® Inducts 27 Officers in 2016
- DuPont Protection Solutions collaborates with Belkin on premium line of cables built with DuPont™ Kevlar®
- IACP/DuPont™ Kevlar® Survivors’ Club® Celebrates 2016 Honoree of the Year
DuPont Announces Partnership with IQPC for the 14th Annual Cold Chain GDP & Temperature Management Logistics Global Forum
DuPont recently announced they are proudly sponsoring the 14th Annual Cold Chain GDP & Temperature Management Logistics Global Forum. DuPont will be joined by 850 temperature controlled life science leaders, September 26-30 at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston, MA.
- DuPont Protection Solutions Expands Research on Tensylon® Armor Solutions
- DuPont Protection Technologies Reaffirms Commitment to Defend Aggressively Against Trademark Infringement and Counterfeiting
- IACP/DuPont Celebrate Survivors Club Honoree
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- DuPont Industrial Biotech Solutions
A Strong Legacy in Fiber Technology
Since the early 1900's, DuPont has been a world leader in polymer and fiber technology. DuPont™ Sorona® renewably sourced fiber is the latest innovation that delivers environmental benefits without sacrificing performance.
- Sorona® Life Cycle Assessment
Triexta, Generic in Name Only
Specific performance benefits, including stain resistance, are so unique to DuPont™ Sorona®, the U.S. FTC gave the generic name triexta to homo fibers made from PTT, the Sorona® renewably sourced polymer.
Sorona® and Bio-Based Product Labels
The USDA BioPreferred Certification of DuPont™ Sorona® means manufacturers can offer innovative products that customers can readily identify. Innovative products help reduce the use of fossil fuels and help reduce emissions.
Carpet Design and Sorona®
Renewably Sourced™ DuPont™ Sorona® is opening up new possibilities for carpet design. Durable and color-fast, with permanent stain resistance built right into the fiber, the Sorona® carpet design option is also the right choice in terms of performance.
DuPont™ Sorona® and Carpet Recycling
Knowing the important role carpet recycling plays in helping the environment, DuPont research has proven that face fiber made with DuPont™ Sorona® can be shaved from the carpet backing, turned into pellets, and spun into new fiber. In fact, there are even more potential ways to recycle carpet made with Sorona®.
- Sorona® for Stain-Resistant Carpet
- DuPont Bio-Based Products
Sorona® for Carpet Fibers
Carpet fibers produced with DuPont™ Sorona® deliver on all fronts: aesthetics, stain resistance, color fastness, ease of maintenance, and durability — yielding excellent results in Hexapod Walker and Vetterman Drum testing.
- Oeko-Tex Standard 100 for Sorona®
Sorona® Performance in Apparel
DuPont™ Sorona® delivers innovative performance to all types of textile fibers for apparel. A renewably sourced fiber, Sorona® provides exceptional softness, comfort stretch, superior tensile strength, lower dyeing temperatures and more. No other fiber combines so many performance and environmental benefits.