Better, Stronger and Safer with Kevlar® Fiber
It’s about daring bigger, pushing limits, being courageous, and helping keep people safe —DuPont™ Kevlar®.
DuPont™ Kevlar® aramid fiber allows people to Dare Bigger. It’s used to make a variety of clothing, accessories, and equipment safe and cut resistant. It’s lightweight, durable and extraordinarily strong. Yes, it’s best known for its use in ballistic and stab-resistant body armor, as Kevlar® brand aramid fiber continues to evolve and allow heroes to be heroes. But it’s also on the ski slopes, the switchback trails, in demanding desert terrain, even the outer limits of space.
Invented over 50 years ago, DuPont™ Kevlar® continues to take on new challenges, with our scientists continuously innovating and working on a range of new opportunities through collaborations with communities, industrial manufacturers, and governments. Together we’re bringing the strength, durability and performance of Kevlar® to new frontiers. Kevlar® aramid fiber is pushing boundaries and defying obstacles every day. Kevlar® is allowing everyone to Dare Bigger™.
Techplast Wins EMEA DuPont™ Kevlar® Innovation Award
DuPont Protection Technologies is pleased to announce the winner of the 2012 DuPont™ Kevlar® Innovation Awards. This year’s EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) award was bestowed to Techplast, a company based in Poland, for their innovative use of Kevlar® in SAFER® ultra-light composite cylinders.
- DuPont Protection Solutions, Matching Performance to Threats with Enhanced DuPont™ Kevlar® XP and XD Technology Platforms
- DuPont Protection Solutions Enters New Partnership for DuPont™ Kevlar® and Nitro Circus
- IACP/DuPont™ Kevlar® Survivors’ Club® Inducts 27 Officers in 2016
- DuPont Protection Solutions collaborates with Belkin on premium line of cables built with DuPont™ Kevlar®
- DuPont Protection Solutions announces 2016 Winners of DuPont™ Kevlar® Innovation Award
- IACP/DuPont™ Kevlar® Survivors’ Club® Celebrates 2016 Honoree of the Year
- DuPont Protection Solutions Expands Research on Tensylon® Armor Solutions
- DuPont Protection Technologies Announces 2015 Winners of DuPont™ Kevlar® Glove Innovation Awards
- DuPont Protection Technologies Reaffirms Commitment to Defend Aggressively Against Trademark Infringement and Counterfeiting
- IACP/DuPont Celebrate Survivors Club Honoree
- DuPont™ Kevlar® Sponsors ESPN’s X Games Austin 2015
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Tactical Vests – Law Enforcement
- Ropes & Cables
- Conveyor Belts for Mining
- Reebok® Crossfit® Gear made with Kevlar®
- Industrial Safety
- Military Body Armor
- Consumer Products made with Kevlar®
- Aerospace, Marine, & Rail
- Safe and durable protective motorcycle apparel
- Kevlar® for stronger Brake Pads, Clutches and Gaskets
- Firefighter Gear & Turnout Gear
- Marine Composites
DUPONT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- Industrial Gloves made with Kevlar®
- Kevlar® XP™ technology for Soft Body Armor
- Nomex® & Kevlar® Firefighter Protection
- Belts made with Kevlar® K29 AP
- Kevlar® Armor Technology
- Kevlar® Clean Technology
- Kevlar® Fibers
- Kevlar® Cut Technology
- Kevlar® Stretch Armor Technology
- Kevlar® Aramid Pulp
- Kevlar® AP
- Kevlar® KM2® Plus
- Five Years of Innovation in Reebok Crossfit® Nano 5.0
- DuPont Kevlar® Conveyor Belt Carcass
Case Study: Cooling System Hoses
DuPont™ Vamac® and DuPont™ Kevlar® work together to help create cooling system hoses with exceptional strength, chemical resistance, and durability in automobiles.
Fuel Hose & Tubing Solutions
Products from DuPont, including DuPont™ Viton®, DuPont™ Teflon®, DuPont™ Kevlar®, and DuPont™ Hypalon®, help improve F200 fuel hose and tubing performance, for proven gains in permeation resistance in automobiles.