Protect Your Greatest Assets with Personal Protective Equipment
Performing hazardous jobs comes with high levels of uncertainty.
From volatile chemicals to hostile enemies, the brave people who work in these high-stress fields rely on innovative personal protective equipment solutions from DuPont.
The world is changing rapidly. As more nations become industrialized and prosper, they develop a greater need for personal protective equipment. From first responders to industrial workers to warfighters, DuPont provides science-based solutions to address this need for protection.
We understand that those who do the dirty work aren’t made of stone, and we’re committed to providing solutions for keeping them as safe as possible from on-the-job hazards. Our personal protective equipment (PPE) solutions include some of the most trusted brands in the industry: Kevlar® aramid fiber for ballistic vehicle armor and cut and abrasion protection, Nomex® fiber for flame hazards, Tychem® garments for liquid and gas chemical hazards, and Tyvek® garments for dry particulate hazards. By collaborating with industries, communities, and governments, we can engineer and offer the latest personal protective equipment solutions that can help keep workers safe while they continue changing and improving the world.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Tactical Vests – Law Enforcement
- Industrial Safety
- Tyvek® for Automotive Painting
- Cleanroom Applications
- Tyvek® for Painting Applications
- Military Body Armor
- Arc Protection
- Fire Protection
- Firefighter Gear & Turnout Gear
- Biological Hazard Protection
- Chemical Protection for Military
- Military Thermal Protection
Techplast Wins EMEA DuPont™ Kevlar® Innovation Award
DuPont Protection Technologies is pleased to announce the winner of the 2012 DuPont™ Kevlar® Innovation Awards. This year’s EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) award was bestowed to Techplast, a company based in Poland, for their innovative use of Kevlar® in SAFER® ultra-light composite cylinders.
- DuPont Launches New Tychem® 2000 SFR Protective Apparel Garments
- DuPont Protection Solutions, Matching Performance to Threats with Enhanced DuPont™ Kevlar® XP and XD Technology Platforms
- DuPont Protection Solutions announces 2016 Winners of DuPont™ Kevlar® Innovation Award
- DuPont Protection Solutions Expands Research on Tensylon® Armor Solutions
- DuPont Announces Launch of DuPont™ Tyvek® 800J
- DuPont Protection Technologies Announces 2015 Winners of DuPont™ Kevlar® Glove Innovation Awards
- DuPont Protection Technologies Reaffirms Commitment to Defend Aggressively Against Trademark Infringement and Counterfeiting
- MCR Safety Launches New Glove with DuPont™ Kevlar®
- DuPont™ Kevlar® Kicks off 50th Anniversary
- Tyvek® 2012 Dirty Work Contest Winners
- DPT Announces Winners of Kevlar® Glove Innovation Awards
INFORMATION & IDEAS
New Kevlar® Plant at Cooper River
The new plant near Charleston, South Carolina, together with our other global assets, helps DuPont meet strong and growing global demand for Kevlar®.
ISO 16602 Overview
ISO 16602 overview from DuPont offers information about the assessment process, types, classes, and labeling, plus a link to FAQ about these increasingly prevalent chemical protective clothing standards.
- 2014 FDIC Prize Winner
- About the Project
- Our Partners
IACP/DuPont™ Kevlar® Survivors’ Club®
The International Association of Chiefs of Police and DuPont started the IACP/DuPont™ Kevlar® Survivors' Club® in 1987. Read about some of the lives personal body armor has saved or search our database of police report excerpts that illustrate some of the amazing ways body armor made the difference between life and death.
What Keeps You Safe?
“What Keeps You Safe?” PPE videos from DuPont show how heroes in firefighting, military, law enforcement, and emergency response rely on DuPont invention and innovation.
DuPont and Government Collaboration
DuPont government collaboration connects local and federal institutions with DuPont engineers and scientists, helping to create hundreds of protection, energy, and food solutions. Read about our deep history and how we continue to work alongside the U.S. government to help make the world a safer place.
- Protection Against Fentanyl and Other Opioids
- Car Armoring for Brazil’s Families
- New ANSI/ISEA 105 Cut Standard
- New EN 388 Cut Standard
Safety & Protection
In the face of growing global industrialization, DuPont takes safety and protection seriously. Learn how DuPont continues to improve upon its materials and workplace safety performance to help keep all of us safe in the toughest conditions.