Protect Your Greatest Assets with Personal Protective Equipment
Performing hazardous jobs comes with high levels of uncertainty.
From volatile chemicals to hostile enemies, the brave people who work in these high-stress fields rely on innovative personal protective equipment solutions from DuPont.
The world is changing rapidly. As more nations become industrialized and prosper, they develop a greater need for personal protective equipment. From first responders to industrial workers to warfighters, DuPont provides science-based solutions to address this need for protection.
We understand that those who do the dirty work aren’t made of stone, and we’re committed to providing solutions for keeping them as safe as possible from on-the-job hazards. Our personal protective equipment (PPE) solutions include some of the most trusted brands in the industry: Kevlar® aramid fiber for ballistic vehicle armor and cut and abrasion protection, Nomex® fiber for flame hazards, Tychem® garments for liquid and gas chemical hazards, and Tyvek® garments for dry particulate hazards. By collaborating with industries, communities, and governments, we can engineer and offer the latest personal protective equipment solutions that can help keep workers safe while they continue changing and improving the world.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Tactical Vests – Law Enforcement
- Industrial Safety
- Tyvek® for Automotive Painting
- Tyvek® for Painting Applications
- Military Body Armor
- Cleanroom Applications
- Arc Protection
- Fire Protection
- Firefighter Gear & Turnout Gear
- Biological Hazard Protection
Chemical Protection for Military
DuPont offers garments that help provide chemical protection for a host of different military hazards. See which Tyvek® and Tychem® garments offer the chemical protection needed for situations such as initial entry, victim rescue, release mitigation, evidence collection, body removal, and site cleanup.
- Military Thermal Protection
- DuPont Protection Solutions Expands Research on Tensylon® Armor Solutions
- Tyvek® 2012 Dirty Work Contest Winners
- DuPont Protection Technologies Announces 2015 Winners of DuPont™ Kevlar® Glove Innovation Awards
- DPT Announces Winners of Kevlar® Glove Innovation Awards
- DuPont, LION Collaborate to Better Protect Firefighters and First Responders
- DuPont™ Kevlar® Kicks off 50th Anniversary
- MCR Safety Launches New Glove with DuPont™ Kevlar®
- Fiber-Line Introduces New Cable Offering
Techplast Wins EMEA DuPont™ Kevlar® Innovation Award
DuPont Protection Technologies is pleased to announce the winner of the 2012 DuPont™ Kevlar® Innovation Awards. This year’s EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) award was bestowed to Techplast, a company based in Poland, for their innovative use of Kevlar® in SAFER® ultra-light composite cylinders.
U.S. Federal Court Issues Order for Kolon to Cease Manufacture of Heracron® Aramid Fiber for 20 Years
DuPont issued a statement after a ruling by the U.S. Federal Court in Richmond, Va., ordering Kolon Industries to stop producing and selling their Heracron® aramid fiber.
- DuPont Protection Technologies Reaffirms Commitment to Defend Aggressively Against Trademark Infringement and Counterfeiting
- Bold Brand Campaign for DuPont™ Kevlar® Kicks-Off with ESPN X Games
INFORMATION & IDEAS
Thermal Regulations Overview
DuPont offers an overview of the typical regulation hazard codes and the leading thermal regulations impacting personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Second Chance Introduces One of the Thinnest & Most Flexible Vests
- Better Protection for Protectors
- Car Armoring for Brazil’s Families
- DuPont Opens Ballistics Testing Facility in Hyderabad, India
- Protecting Those Who Protect Us
Brief summary of the US EPA's (Environmental Protection Agency) "Level's of Protection (LOP)" as applicable to those individuals involved in handling hazardous materials. LOP's are based on the type of respiratory protection required to ensure the safety of the user under the specified conditions of use.
- Understanding Cut Protection
NFPA 2113 Overview
NFPA 2113 specifies the minimum selection, care, use, and maintenance requirements for flame-resistant garments for use by industrial personnel in areas at risk from flash fires or short-duration flame exposure that are compliant with NFPA 2112.
NFPA 2112 Overview
NFPA 2112, the standard on flame-resistant garments for protection of industrial personnel against flash fire, provides minimum requirements for the design, construction, evaluation, and certification of flame-resistant garments for use by industrial personnel.
NESC® C2 Overview
NESC® C2 sets best practices and rules to protect utility workers in the construction, maintenance, and operation of electric supply and communication lines and equipment.
What Keeps You Safe?
“What Keeps You Safe?” PPE videos from DuPont show how heroes in firefighting, military, law enforcement, and emergency response rely on DuPont invention and innovation.
Safety & Protection
In the face of growing global industrialization, DuPont takes safety and protection seriously. Learn how DuPont continues to improve upon its materials and workplace safety performance to help keep all of us safe in the toughest conditions.