Tychem® 5000 Adds Up to Protection
Providing protection against a broad range of chemicals and situations involving liquid splash, Tychem® 5000 is a strong and durable fabric.
A multi-layered barrier film laminated to a durable 2.0 oz/yd2 polypropylene substrate, Tychem® 5000 helps offer protection for those in hazardous environments. Tested and trusted, Tychem® 5000 styles C3198T and C3199T are certified to NFPA 1992. So whether the challenge is chemical handling, petro-chemical applications, hazardous materials/waste cleanup, hazmat response, or other jobs with potential exposures to chemicals, Tychem® 5000 can help protect your workers. Tychem® 5000 fabrics are tested by a third party laboratory to assess its chemical permeation resistance. DuPont has data for over 170 chemicals for Tychem® 5000 in SafeSPEC™ so that the user can select an appropriate garment.
- Tychem® 5000 provides at least 30 minutes of protection against over 150 chemical challenges
- For rigorous activities and rugged situations involving liquid splash
- Available in tan for discretionary purposes
- Available in coveralls, encapsulated suits, bib overalls, jackets, sleeved aprons, and hoods
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Protection Against Fentanyl and Other Opioids
Brief summary of the US EPA's (Environmental Protection Agency) "Level's of Protection (LOP)" as applicable to those individuals involved in handling hazardous materials. LOP's are based on the type of respiratory protection required to ensure the safety of the user under the specified conditions of use.
NFPA 1992 Overview
NFPA 1992 provides standards for emergency response PPE against liquid splash, particulate materials, and non-carcinogenic vapors in HAZMAT environments.