Collaborative Solutions From DuPont Performance Polymers
DuPont is a leader in thermoplastics, elastomers, finished parts and biopolymers, combining groundbreaking material science with global access.
At DuPont Performance Polymers, we are working with customers to make things better. From products and processes that work better to innovations that help make business and society better.
We tackle big challenges where performance really matters, including finding renewable polymer feedstocks sourced from non-food biomass and other means to reduce dependence on fossil fuel. Our work supports more sustainable mobility, through automotive fuel efficiency, improved production in manufacturing operations, robust connections for personal communications as well as progressive design in healthcare and furnishings.
As the company that invented Nylon, Neoprene, and Kevlar®, DuPont has a deep commitment to research and development that continues today. DuPont is a global collaborator acting locally, with technical support focused in 65 countries, and manufacturing facilities strategically placed across Asia, Europe and the Americas.
- Materials for Vehicle Lighting Systems
- Capless Fuel Filler Locks Out Wrong Nozzles
- Recycling Chemical Containers
- CVJ Boots of Hytrel® TPC-ET
Sealing Collaboration Pays Dividends in Chamber Cleaning
Chamber cleaning with NF3 / O2 plasma increased maintenance at Spansion due to seal erosion. Kalrez® 9100 parts improved productivity and reduced cost-of-ownership. Kalrez® 9100 parts were successfully qualified in both thin films and dry etch tools.
- Kalrez® parts in API Handling Processes
- Hytrel® Ski Boot Collar
- Pharmaceutical Seals for CIP and SIP
- DuPont™ Hytrel® key to Niagara Foot™
- Vespel® ® CR-6100 Boiler Pumps
- Kalrez® KVSP™ valve stem packing saves 56.000 £
- Automotive Sustainable Fibers
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Vehicle Safety Solutions
- End-to-End Packaging Development
- DuPont Packaging Innovation Awards
- Low-weight Nylon for Efficient Autos
- High Performance Polymers
Kalrez® Composite Seals
For standard and complex composite seal applications, Kalrez® perfluoroelastomer parts can be designed and molded to your specifications. DuPont has proprietary technology to bond Kalrez® to a variety of materials, such as metal or plastic bonding.
- Polymer Properties Guide
- CV Joint Boot Performance
- Environmental Communication
- Delrin® in Solar Tracker Bearings
- Trends in Photovoltaic Production
- Solar Junction Box Materials
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Automotive Air Ducts and Turbocharger Hoses
- Automotive - Engine Covers/Housings
- Chassis suspension Systems
- Oil Pan and Cylinder Head Cover Gaskets
- Kalrez® Seals for Semiconductor Processing
- Vespel® in Automotive Parts
- Railway Technology for the Long Haul
- Mobile Phone Housing & Components
- Aircraft Engine and Reverser Parts
- Sustainability in Airbag Systems
- Window Regulator Applications
- High Pressure Seals