Collaborative Solutions From DuPont Performance Polymers
DuPont is a leader in thermoplastics, elastomers, finished parts and biopolymers, combining groundbreaking material science with global access.
At DuPont Performance Polymers, we are working with customers to make things better. From products and processes that work better to innovations that help make business and society better.
We tackle big challenges where performance really matters, including finding renewable polymer feedstocks sourced from non-food biomass and other means to reduce dependence on fossil fuel. Our work supports more sustainable mobility, through automotive fuel efficiency, improved production in manufacturing operations, robust connections for personal communications as well as progressive design in healthcare and furnishings.
As the company that invented Nylon, Neoprene, and Kevlar®, DuPont has a deep commitment to research and development that continues today. DuPont is a global collaborator acting locally, with technical support focused in 65 countries, and manufacturing facilities strategically placed across Asia, Europe and the Americas.
- Materials for Vehicle Lighting Systems
- Capless Fuel Filler Locks Out Wrong Nozzles
- Recycling Chemical Containers
- CVJ Boots of Hytrel® TPC-ET
Surlyn® for Tool Skin Packaging
Toolmaker Greenfield Industries meets retailer demand for space-saving skin packaging by using DuPont™ Surlyn® and high-speed packaging equipment.
Sealing Collaboration Pays Dividends in Chamber Cleaning
Chamber cleaning with NF3 / O2 plasma increased maintenance at Spansion due to seal erosion. Kalrez® 9100 parts improved productivity and reduced cost-of-ownership. Kalrez® 9100 parts were successfully qualified in both thin films and dry etch tools.
- Hytrel® Ski Boot Collar
- Pharmaceutical Seals for CIP and SIP
- DuPont™ Hytrel® key to Niagara Foot™
- Vespel® ® CR-6100 Boiler Pumps
- Kalrez® KVSP™ valve stem packing saves 56.000 £
- Automotive Sustainable Fibers
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Low-weight Nylon for Efficient Autos
- Sorona® Life Cycle Assessment
- High Performance Polymers
- Plastic Processing
- End-to-End Packaging Development
- Vehicle Safety Solutions
- Engine Efficiency for Lower CO2
- Vehicle Weight Reduction
- High Performance Materials
- Vehicle Design Options Multiplied
- Car Manufacturing Costs
- Alternative Drive Vehicles
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Automotive Air Ducts and Turbocharger Hoses
- Automotive - Engine Covers/Housings
- Chassis suspension Systems
- Oil Pan and Cylinder Head Cover Gaskets
- Railway Technology for the Long Haul
- Kalrez® Seals for Semiconductor Processing
- Vespel® in Automotive Parts
- Mobile Phone Housing & Components
- Aircraft Engine and Reverser Parts
- Cable Insulation and Jacketing
- Sustainability in Airbag Systems
- Window Regulator Applications