Collaborative Solutions From DuPont Performance Polymers
DuPont is a leader in thermoplastics, elastomers, finished parts and biopolymers, combining groundbreaking material science with global access.
At DuPont Performance Polymers, we are working with customers to make things better. From products and processes that work better to innovations that help make business and society better.
We tackle big challenges where performance really matters, including finding renewable polymer feedstocks sourced from non-food biomass and other means to reduce dependence on fossil fuel. Our work supports more sustainable mobility, through automotive fuel efficiency, improved production in manufacturing operations, robust connections for personal communications as well as progressive design in healthcare and furnishings.
As the company that invented Nylon, Neoprene, and Kevlar®, DuPont has a deep commitment to research and development that continues today. DuPont is a global collaborator acting locally, with technical support focused in 65 countries, and manufacturing facilities strategically placed across Asia, Europe and the Americas.
- Materials for Vehicle Lighting Systems
- Capless Fuel Filler Locks Out Wrong Nozzles
- Recycling Chemical Containers
- CVJ Boots of Hytrel® TPC-ET
- Barrier Packaging for Baby Food
- Sustainable Fruit Packaging
- Shelf Stable Packaging Using Appeel®
- Wine Closures Replace Cork
- Stand-Out Cereal Packaging
- Cheese Packaging
Surlyn® for Tool Skin Packaging
Toolmaker Greenfield Industries meets retailer demand for space-saving skin packaging by using DuPont™ Surlyn® and high-speed packaging equipment.
Salonpas Foil Packaging
Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical Co. uses DuPont™ Surlyn® in its foil packaging to prevent delamination caused by the active ingredients in its Salonpas pain relief patch.
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- Vehicle Safety Solutions
- End-to-End Packaging Development
- Low-weight Nylon for Efficient Autos
- DuPont Packaging Innovation Awards
- Kalrez® Parts Chemical Resistance
Heat Resistant Plastics
DuPont offers a wide range of heat resistant plastics to replace metal, ceramics and other polymers in uses from automotive engines to oil and gas production.
- High Performance Polymers
- Flame Retardant Polymers
DuPont Plastic Design Guide
From material selection to tolerances, the Plastic Design Guide details 10 top tips for effective design, efficient production, and successful products.
- Polymer Properties Guide
- Environmental Communication
- CV Joint Boot Performance
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Oil Pan and Cylinder Head Cover Gaskets
- Automotive Air Ducts and Turbocharger Hoses
- Automotive - Engine Covers/Housings
- Chassis suspension Systems
- Vespel® in Automotive Parts
- Railway Technology for the Long Haul
- Mobile Phone Housing & Components
- Window Regulator Applications
- Sustainability in Airbag Systems
- Cable Insulation and Jacketing
- High Pressure Seals
- Centrifugal Pump Parts