Clean-Peeling, Solvent-Free Peelable Sealant Resins
DuPont™ Appeel® helps make packages easy to open, while protecting contents against spoilage, leakage, contamination, and tampering.
DuPont™ Appeel® peelable sealant resins offer predictable and repeatable heat-seal strengths for easy-open, clean-peeling, flexible lidding on rigid containers for yogurt, snacks, dry cereals, and more.
Because Appeel® can seal to and peel from itself, it can also be used as a sealant in flexible structures, including bag-in-box and pouch, extending the convenience of easy peel to more packaging types.
A cost-effective, high-quality solution for converters, Appeel® peelable sealant resins are available in a pre-compounded, one-bag solution that easily runs in a variety of conversion processes and seals to multiple substrates. This helps reduce the number of raw material SKUs kept in stock. And Appeel® peelable sealant resins eliminate the need to blend sealant materials onsite, saving production time.
French ceramic container maker Poteries Malicornaises uses DuPont™ Nucrel® in ceramic packaging to successfully seal and protect ready-to-eat meals.
An Italian packaging converter uses DuPont™ Appeel® for a reliable, easy-to-peel, tamper-evident packaging solution for ice cream.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Beverage and Food Packaging Design
- Seafood and Meat Packaging
- Dry Food and Snack Packaging
- Dairy and Cheese Packaging
Plastic Closures for Beverages
DuPont™ Elvax® and other resins for beverage plastic closures maintain hermetic seals, preserve flavor, prevent leaks, and make caps and lids easy to open or peel off.
Product Data Sheets (18)
- Appeel® 1181 Datasheet (PDF)
- Appeel® 11D542 Datasheet (PDF)
- Appeel® 11D554 Datasheet (PDF)
- Appeel® 11D888 Datasheet (PDF)
- Appeel® 2044 Datasheet (PDF)
- Appeel® 20D745 Datasheet (PDF)
- Appeel® 20D751 Datasheet (PDF)
- Appeel® 20D752 Datasheet (PDF)
- Appeel® 20D784 Datasheet (PDF)