Proven Engineering Thermoplastics for Your Toughest Challenges
DuPont thermoplastics offer high-quality performance materials, backed by a skilled global team focused on collaborative application development.
DuPont is working with customers to make thermoplastics better. From better products and processes to better business and social outcomes, DuPont performance materials and applications resources are focused on making things better at every point in the value chain.
Whether the challenge is durability, stiffness, workability, finish or strength, our broad range of thermoplastics support design freedom, without sacrificing performance. And our application resources are equally mindful of performance, timing and cost-effectiveness with each project, in industries from automotive to electronics, consumer goods to industrial markets.
Wherever you have engineering, molding or manufacturing operations, DuPont is ready to help, with locally based technical support in 65 countries and production/compounding sites strategically placed in Asia, Europe and the Americas.
DuPont offers a wide range of heat resistant plastics to replace metal, ceramics and other polymers in uses from automotive engines to oil and gas production.
Low friction plastic applications developed in collaboration with DuPont experts can help improve durability and performance, reduce maintenance, and can even contribute to reduced use of fossil fuels.
USES AND APPLICATIONS
- Automotive - Engine Covers/Housings
- Chassis suspension Systems
- Oil Pan and Cylinder Head Cover Gaskets
- Railway Technology for the Long Haul
- Mobile Phone Housing & Components
- Cable Insulation and Jacketing
- Sustainability in Airbag Systems
- Window Regulator Applications
- Plastics For Sporting Goods
- Sorona® used for Automotive Interiors
- Thermoplastic Tubing and Elastomeric Hose
- Innovative Furniture Design
- Capless Fuel Filler Locks Out Wrong Nozzles
- Hytrel® Ski Boot Collar
- DuPont™ Hytrel® key to Niagara Foot™
- Headlight bezels made from Crastin®
- Cost-effective photovoltaic junction box housings
- Lighter Engine Cover Components
- High Flex Cable for Bridges
- Polymers for Better Injection Devices
- Durable Rail Pads for Freight Lines
- Zytel® HTN for Electronic Devices
- Protecting drivers with Zytel® RS
- Office seating uses flexible plastic
INFORMATION & IDEAS
- High Performance Polymers
- Vehicle Safety Solutions
- Engine Efficiency for Lower CO2
- Vehicle Weight Reduction
- High Performance Materials
- Vehicle Design Options Multiplied
- Car Manufacturing Costs
- Alternative Drive Vehicles
- Crastin® Hydrolysis Resistant Grades
- Acetal Gears Demonstrate Drivetrain Performance
- Polymer Properties Guide
Plastic Design Solutions
Examples of innovative plastic design solutions created by DuPont, in collaboration with customers worldwide.