X-Ray and Metal Detectable Plastic Resins
DuPont offers X-ray and metal detectable plastic in acetal resin grades that provide excellent wear resistance and lubricity for improved longevity and reduced noise, high mechanical properties without reinforcement, and detectability for reliable contamination control.
Food Processing Industry
Grades are available for applications where food contact compliance and detectability are required.
Offers peace of mind in applications:
- Contamination of products with parts of detectable Delrin® over the size of a 3mm cube can typically be detected using standard inspection systems.
- Reduce the risk of particle contamination.
- Lighter items and quieter systems due to lower noise emissions compared to metal equivalents.
- Bisphenol A and phthalate free.
Food Processing Equipment Applications:
- Food processing equipment components
- Material handling such as conveyor chains and hoppers
- Food manipulation items such as cutters, shovels, scrapers
- Forms/molds for chocolate and other food
- Cost and maintenance savings based on cost effective molded parts due to improved design and functional integration.
- Reduced energy consumption due to lighter components.
- Longer replacement intervals based on excellent wear/friction properties.
Food contact compliant detectable Delrin® grades offer compliance with regulations including: FDA, European Regulation (EU) N° 10/2011 as amended (Food Contact for Plastics) and European Regulation (EU) N° 2023/2006 (GMP).
Additional food compliances may also be available. Please contact us to discuss how DuPont can help you achieve a competitive advantage in the applications you design and manufacture.