Bridge the Performance Gap With DuPontTM Zytel® HTN
A family of cost-effective, high-performance polyamides offering strength, durability and ease of processing.
When the goal is reducing weight, improving strength, enhancing durability, increasing thermal performance, simplifying processing, or all of the above, Zytel® HTN high-performance polyamide resin is a logical choice.
These high-performance resins are available in specific grades that sustain high strength and stiffness over a wide range of temperatures, chemicals and moisture exposure.
Replacing Metal, Reducing Costs
Zytel® HTN can replace metal parts that must withstand high temperature tolerances (such as engine cooling, handheld devices, and non-halogenated connectors), while reducing total cost and weight through parts consolidation.
- High strength
- Excellent creep resistance
- Broad temperature toleration
- Versatile and easy to process
Zytel® PPA Grades
· Zytel® HTN 51 series offers outstanding chemical resistance and retention of properties when exposed to moisture
· Zytel® HTN 52 series offers a higher melting point and deflection temperature, and is moldable in water-heated tools.
· Zytel® HTN 54 series offers high burst pressure, retention of properties with moisture, high level of stiffness up to 110ºC, and is moldable in water-heated tools.
· Zytel® HTN 92 series, enhanced with DuPontTM SHIELD Technology, offers high performance at temperatures up to 230ºC.
Zytel® HTN Structural Grades
Zytel® HTN53 series offers improved stiffness and toughness at ambient/moderate temperatures, an excellent surface appearance, and is moldable in water-heated tools.
Mazda's SKYACTIV-D Made More Powerful with DuPont Plastics
Pressure to meet escalating fuel economy and emissions regulations drives auto manufacturers to develop new-generation engines that are lighter, cleaner, higher performing and more fuel efficient than ever before.