DuPont™ Nomex® brand paper has a long history of proven performance in motors, generators and transformers. Now, it is gaining a reputation as an ideal choice for battery packs and electronic applications.
From mobile phones and tablet computers to flat-screen liquid crystal display (LCD) televisions, Nomex® paper is helping to protect critical components in a wide range of electronic applications. A prime example is the use of Nomex® paper in LCD televisions as the insulation barrier, or “firewall,” between the power module board and the cover plate.
In some cases, Nomex® paper is used in electronic applications to enhance performance. For example, Nomex® paper is used as a diaphragm suspension damper in the micro speaker of smart phones to improve sound generation. The use of Nomex® paper enables a broader range of sound in both low and high frequency.
The Nomex® 200 Series is specifically designed to meet the market requirements for battery packs and electronic applications. Nomex® 200 Series papers:
• Fulfill Underwriters Laboratories (UL) 94 V-O requirements.
• Provide excellent tear and puncture resistance.
• Feature thermal stability at temperatures up to 392°F (200°C)—which far exceeds this market’s need for 248°F (120°C).
• Offer chemical compatibility with all classes of varnishes and adhesives, and are unaffected by lithium ion battery electrolyte leaks.
• Enable easy processability.
Typical Uses in Electronic Applications
Nomex® 200 Series papers are used in battery packs and electronic applications as:
• Insulation gaskets on positive connectors
• Inter cell barriers
• Serial connector insulation
• BMU insulation
• Edge covers
• Battery core pack wrap
• Battery pack insulation
• Diaphragm suspension dampers
• Electromagnetic interference (EMI) shielding
• Printed wiring board (PWB) flexible connector insulation
• Electrode terminal lead wire insulation
• LCD power module insulation barrier
• CI type inverter transmission core insulation
• Motor protector sensor gasket
• Inverter transmission surface mount technology (SMT) gasket
• Induction heat range coil shield
• Semicon probe card supporter
• Microwave oven transformer coil insulation
Typical Electronic Applications
Nomex® 200 Series papers are used in a wide variety of electronic applications, including:
• Mobile phones
• Tablet computers
• LCD televisions
• Microwave ovens
• Lap docks for tablets and smart phones
• AC/DC adaptors
Nomex® paper properties
The unique combination of Nomex® paper properties provides proven reliability, making Nomex® an ideal electrical insulation material of choice for manufacturers of transformers, generators, motors and other electrical equipment.
Tyvek® for Industrial Packaging
Tyvek® combines the best physical properties of paper, film, and fabric, to offer unique advantages for a wide variety of demanding packaging applications.
Nomex® Electrical Insulation
Nomex® paper and pressboard have earned a reputation for delivering superior quality and proven reliability for a wide range of electrical insulation applications, meeting the ever-increasing demands of a changing world.