When it comes to fluid applied weather barrier (WB) systems, it’s good to know multifamily architects, specifiers, owners, developers, builders, and consultants can have it both ways: Above-code building performance from a trusted name with fast, simple one-pass application using standard spray application tools.
1. Proven STPE Technology. DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied WB+™ is made using the most advanced, high performance polymer available—silyl-terminated polyether. There’s nothing like it for elongation and recovery, minimal shrinkage and cracking during curing, wash-off proof, low temperature application, and other attributes that outperform acrylic and bitumen-based products.
2. Fast, Easy Spray-On. Applied using standard, construction-grade spray equipment. DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied WB+™ is very spray-friendly, covering to the recommended perm rating at just 25 mils. That offers 2 to 3 times the coverage of competitive products, depending on substrate conditions (temperature and moisture), substrate porosity, and uniformity of application.
3. DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied WB+™ exhibits exceptional elongation and recovery properties. When stretched it acts like a rubber band allowing the membrane to move with the building.
4. No-Rush Cure Rate. No need to rush spraying or risk safety because of a fast cure rate. DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied WB+™ cures within two hours at 70°F and 50 percent relative humidity, supporting a quality application with minimal product waste.
5. Substrate Versatility. DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied WB+™ is engineered for enduring adhesion across a wide range of substrates, including concrete, concrete masonry units (CMU), gypsum, metal, plywood, and OSB.
6. Single Source Peace of Mind. Most multifamily building projects call for a combination of wrap and fluid applied products. DuPont™ Tyvek® offers architects, specifiers, owners, and developers a wide array of wrap and fluid applied solutions including Tyvek® Fluid Applied Flashing & Joint Compound+, DuPont™ Sealant for Tyvek® Fluid Applied WB+™, and DuPont™ Tyvek® self-adhered flashing products. Single-vendor availability simplifies downstream issues.
7. Code Compliant. The DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied WB+™ system has been tested and meets both weather-resistant and air barrier codes and standards requirements. It also meets fire control standards including NFPA 285. Check here for complete details.
8. LEED™ Points. DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied WB+™ may contribute toward LEED™ points in the areas of Energy and Atmosphere: Optimizing the Building Envelope and Indoor Environmental Air Quality: Construction IAQ Management Plan and Low Emitting Materials. Also, the use of a continuous air barrier is a prerequisite for LEED™ applications requiring
compliance with ASHRAE 90.1-2010.
9. Weather-Tolerant Application. The installation temperature range runs from 25°F (ambient) to 140°F (shaded surface temperature or 95°F ambient) and may be installed on damp surfaces. DuPont™ Tyvek® Fluid Applied WB+™ will not wash off the wall when exposed to liquid water, even before curing.